[Updated 29 June]
Barry Wartime Weekend: Aug 30 / 31st 2014
This year`s Barry Wartime Weekend looks to be the biggest and best event yet, commemorating both the First & Second World Wars, with living history encampments for both periods and aerial displays at Barry Island on both days.
The RED ARROWS will be displaying over Barry Island Beach on Saturday 30th August. The BBMF Dakota will also be making an appearance on Sunday 31st.( Times TBC).
The Barry Wartime Weekend will take place both at the Hood Road events field at Barry Waterfront, and at Barry Island Railway Station. The venues will be linked by a vintage train.
The event is a joint venture between Barry at War and Barry Tourist Railway.
Period entertainers Sandy Sparkle, and Ricky Hunter will be performing live throughout the weekend, and at the ‘Back to 44′ evening of nostalgia on Saturday evening. (Tickets Required).
There will be an aerial display at Barry Island on both Sat 30th and Sun 31st.
Wartime Weekend is supported by the Vale of Glamorgan and Barry Town Councils. Admission to the event is FREE.
Confirmed at this time:
- 29th Infantry Division, WWII US Living History Group
- Essex Yeomanry, Great War Cavalry Unit
- Normandy Paratroopers, WWII British Living History Group
- ‘Winston Churchill’
- WW1 Living History Group
- Sandy Sparkle
- Ricky Hunter
- Arthur Cook, of Blitz & Pieces
- Red Arrows – Saturday Only ( Time TBC)
- BBMF Dakota – Sunday only (Time TBC)
- Red Arrows Flight Simulator
- Army Field Kitchen
- RAF Association, Barry
- 372 Squadron (Barry) Air Training Corps
- Royal British Legion, Barry
- Support Our Soldiers (SOS)
Please not that all flying displays are subject on the prevalent weather conditions being acceptable to the Royal Air Force, display teams.
See our INFORMATION FOR VISITORS PAGE
We would like to hear from local traders who would like to attend this event.